Sunday, February 19, 2012

How to kill a process....

Hi there.
I've got a number of processes that are stuck on my server and are locking
up a table or two and I'd like to kill them. Unfortunately, after trying to
"Kill process" in SQL ENterprise manager, the processes involved are still
there with the following details:
Status: runnable
Command: KILLED/ROLLBACK (see I tried to kill them earlier)
Application: SQL Query analyser (although this instance of Query analyser
has since been closed)
Any ideas how to get rid of them?...len wrote:
> I've got a number of processes that are stuck on my server and are locking
> up a table or two and I'd like to kill them. Unfortunately, after trying t
o
> "Kill process" in SQL ENterprise manager, the processes involved are still
> there with the following details:
When you kill a process in SQL it has to perform a rollback on the
process. This means that if this process was in the middle of updating 1
million records, it would have to roll back all of those records to the
state before the process started.
Aaron Weiker
http://aaronweiker.com/
http://www.sqlprogrammer.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment