Friday, March 30, 2012

How to manage click-through

How will I possibly do click through on this type of chart when basically I'll have to bring in just Grand Total values to do what they want to do here in this mock-up:

SSRS 2005

Expected/Desired Outcome (user drew this using Excel and later wants click-through capability through SSRS 2005 on the bars later on):

http://www.webfound.net/chart3.jpg

I don't see how this is possible, can y ou shed some light? because basically what I'll have to do to get that few of bars is literally bring in just Grand Totals for the series....static Grand Totals from my dataset's stored proc calculation since I cannot perform really a GT by using SUM in the expressions for any fields in the chart or I'll get an error

Hi,

In SSRS 2005 charts you can do the click through. In the chart layout. Just go to "Drop Data fields here" right click on the button for properties and on the Action tab you can select Jump to report.

Before that you need to create a seperate report so that when you click on the value this particular report comes up.

Any doubts let me know.

Amarnath.

|||

thanks much. What about infinite click-through?

Can I even create charts that do this just like inifinte click-through for reports using models?

No comments:

Post a Comment