Friday, March 30, 2012

How to Manage Errors with one file

Hi,

I am pretty new in SSIS 2005, and I have some problems... I want to add logging and error management in my package. I found how to made logging. But for errors managing i have some difficulties.

In my package I have only a flat file source and an ole db destination. I want add errors management for both of them. So I create a connection manager for errors on a file. For both element i add redirect row for all available error type and then i add 2 flat file destination. I branch red arrows of flat file source and ole db destination to the flat file destination.

When i run packge i have an error which indicate me that file error is already take by another process... I don't understand why. And i don't want to create on file for each element on package. Have you any idea on why i have this error? Or how can i made what i want do?

Krest

Before going too far - could you checj if your redirect destination do not point to the same file as primary error file? What happens if you turn off package logging?

|||

Hi,

Thanks for you help.

So, i use the same file for the two flat file destination, because i want all my error in the same file. I i turn off logging (SSISmenu->logging and all checkboxes are not checked.

I have the same error as before. here is the exact error message [Flat File Destination 1 [806]] Warning: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

krest

No comments:

Post a Comment