Friday, March 30, 2012

How to manage RTE text directly in the DB ?

Hi all,
I store my Rich-Text files in my SQL2000 database.
I want to add a line at the end... it's very easy in my VB application with
a Rich Text control... but how to do that directly in the database (via a
Trigger) '
Does SQL2000 have Rich Text function or show I use an external (Windows)
component ?
Lilian.SQL Server 2000 has no knowledge of the contents of your character strings.
Content could be RTF, HTML XML, etc.
It might be possible to build the desired RTF string in Transact-SQL but I
don't know enough about RTF formatting codes to say for sure. Maintaining
RTF content is a job best done in application code rather than Transact-SQL.
Another option is to write an ActiveX control or extended stored procedure
to manipulate RTF strings that could be invoked from Transact-SQL.
--
Hope this helps.
Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
"Lilian Pigallio" <lpigallio@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:eMeCdsdPGHA.428@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
> I store my Rich-Text files in my SQL2000 database.
> I want to add a line at the end... it's very easy in my VB application
> with
> a Rich Text control... but how to do that directly in the database (via a
> Trigger) '
> Does SQL2000 have Rich Text function or show I use an external (Windows)
> component ?
> Lilian.
>|||Maybe using an OLE object like this example:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312839/en-us
... but which object ?
"Dan Guzman" <guzmanda@.nospam-online.sbcglobal.net> a écrit dans le message
de news:OYknWxePGHA.3100@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> SQL Server 2000 has no knowledge of the contents of your character
strings.
> Content could be RTF, HTML XML, etc.
> It might be possible to build the desired RTF string in Transact-SQL but I
> don't know enough about RTF formatting codes to say for sure. Maintaining
> RTF content is a job best done in application code rather than
Transact-SQL.
> Another option is to write an ActiveX control or extended stored procedure
> to manipulate RTF strings that could be invoked from Transact-SQL.
> --
> Hope this helps.
> Dan Guzman
> SQL Server MVP
> "Lilian Pigallio" <lpigallio@.nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:eMeCdsdPGHA.428@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I store my Rich-Text files in my SQL2000 database.
> >
> > I want to add a line at the end... it's very easy in my VB application
> > with
> > a Rich Text control... but how to do that directly in the database (via
a
> > Trigger) '
> >
> > Does SQL2000 have Rich Text function or show I use an external (Windows)
> > component ?
> >
> > Lilian.
> >
> >
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment